Normally I always provide unlocked maps since it’s easier to work with them, create new compilations, upload to GPS, etc, but sometimes either because we don’t find an unlocked map or because we want the very latest versions of maps we’re forced to install a blocked map. How can use installed locked maps? By being blocked leaves us with hands tied because we can hardly do anything with them.
At the beginning I unlocked some maps in MapSource by pure filly, now the issue has fallen back into my hands and I decided to create this post.
I will assume already you’ve installed the locked maps or go after some, I must warn you don’t download installers from anywhere because can place in the same installation “another things”, do it in a site or uploader trusted.
- Download PGFT and run them as Admin. Warning! there’re two executables, one for 32bits and other for 64bits.
PLS, report broken links. How to download?
- Lets go to ‘MapSource’ tab, will appear us the base map and we have luck the locked map, then would select it and go to step 5.
- If not listed we need to know where is, for this run BaseCamp. We’ll get a warning that there’re blocked maps.
- Execute the command
Maps; Manage products maps, and see that indeed the state of map is “locked” but we’re interested is the installation location which we’ll take note: is needed.
- Go to PGFT and click on Unlock a TDB file, after which we can browse to find the TDB file in the path that we’ve noted before.
- PGFT load the data of map, with the name, FID, PID, etc, and click on Unlock selected TDB to unlock it.
- Close all: BaseCamp and PGFT.
- Open BaseCamp to open the map already unlocked. If we are retailers can see that don’t jump the warning of “locked map” that can confirm executing the command “Map; Manage map products”.