Everybody knows the RSS syndications that allow us to be informed of any new article publishing pages we follow that have feeds service, myself follow a handful via mobile.
If you don’t know yet which are, a brief summary is going to explain it:
“RSS (Rich Site Summary) uses a family of standard web feed formats to publish frequently updated information: blog entries, news headlines, audio, video. An RSS document includes full or summarized text, and metadata, like publishing date and author’s name.”
ikipedia: Full article
I think the process is quite simple considering what had to do before to download videos from RTVE.
- Enter on any page (not users) for which we want to receive notifications. For example I use Gizmodo Spanish…one from random choice of those I follow, not because is the best one.
- In browser go to “View source code”, the abbreviated way for almost browsers is [Ctrl]+[U].
- In source code begin the search for “
profileid” and copy JUST numbers that coming behind (e.g.133444886539). With Opera the search is [Ctrl]+[F].
- based upon this URL “ready 2 use”:
where replace the asterisks with the numbers of profile ID that we have achieved:
- With it would look like:
- With final URL just remain type it into where we use to read RSS, I say ‘so’ generic because there are many ways to read RSS: RSS readers, browsers, apps, web services, e-mail readers, etc.